Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Did You See What I Saw?

If your home is your castle, shouldn't you think about who you share it with?

I follow the same route every night as I make my way home. There is this winding roadway up a hill and as I get to the top I must either stop or turn right or left. There it is. That house straight ahead....that place where the lady never closes her blinds. Thousands of cars make that same trek every single day. The living room turns into the dinning room, then there's the kitchen.

I see the contents of her house, I see her personal space and I see her. Ninety percent of the time I travel up that hill when it is dark. I see her often. I can't help it. As I sit there waiting for the light to turn green, her living room window is directly below the signal lights. I've never seen anybody else in that house. I assume she lives alone.

I wonder if she realizes just how many people are watching her without ever meaning to or even wanting to. I wonder if she feels safe.

Didn't anyone ever tell her that when she turns on her lights she should close her blinds?

Be Safe
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment